After School Program 2017-2018 Registration:
Thank you for your interest in our after school program. We are enrolling families that are currently in the program for the 2017-2018 school year. Based on the current family enrollments we may have openings for new families from specific schools.
Our website will be updated April 3rd as to which schools have spots for the 2017-2018 after school program.
There is a mail in registration for any school that has space beginning April 15th and the applications will be on the website beginning April 3rd. Spots are filled on a first come first serve basis through the mail. If there are not any spots for a school families can be put on a waitlist beginning April 3rd.
The Arlington Boys & Girls Club offers a EEC licensed after school program for children enrolled in grades K-5. The ABGC After School Program is designed to enrich the social, emotional, physical and intellectual development of school age children. This program is offered to children ages 4.9 years to 11 years. Participants must be enrolled in at least kindergarten. We are open from September-June and offer care on school vacations and selected holidays.
- To provide an environment of social adjustment in a peer group setting.
- To assist in the development of self-awareness and independent thought.
- To instill a sense of positive self image within each of our children.
- To promote development of physical skills through activities requiring coordination and motivation.
Includes outdoor and indoor active play, arts & crafts, snack, activity time, computer and homework time, special events, and free swim in the pool (ages 6 & up at the Club only).
Hours of Operation:
- The ABGC After School Program operates from September through June.
- The daily schedule is 2:15-6:00.
- Early Release hours are offered. This schedule coincides with the Arlington Public Schools calendar.
- Full Day hours are from 8:00am-6:00pm. A full day of care is offered during school vacations, teachers' professional days, and selected holidays. Full days are billed separately and are optional.
New Family Applications for the after school program for the 2016-2017 school year will be on our website and at the front desk beginning April 1st. The registration must be mailed in and must be postmarked April 15th or after.
UPDATE: After School Program 2016-2017 Registration
The after school program is near capacity from all schools for the 2016-2017 school year. If you are interested in the program, please email us at email@example.com
Parent Resource Information: